Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer Plans

I feel as though my summer vacation really started today because today was my first day being home since school got out.

Amelia spent a few hours at her daycare so that I could get a few things done--buying groceries, cleaning out the fridge, running errands. She's actually going to spend a day a week there so I can do such things and have a little "me time." Trust me...that makes me a much better mother.

I don't really have any "big" summer plans. I do, however, have a list of things I'd like to accomplish at some point:

--I need to cook more meals at home, and I need to figure out how to do that with a 7-month-old who tires of any activity (jumperoo, exersaucer, toys) after about 15 minutes. I managed to make a casserole tonight, but Amelia traveled from the jumperoo to the exersaucer to the high chair to the crib while I cooked.

--I want to get some official portraits done of Amelia. I set aside some gift money for this purpose, and the photographer is actually someone we know from church, but I need to actually make the appointment and show up with a cooperative child.

--I need to frame photos I already have and display them in our house. How pitiful is it that Darryl and I have exactly one framed photo of Amelia in our house, and it is a pic from when she was 6 weeks old?

--I need to organize the clutter in our house. We're actually converting our guest room into a play room (with a sofa bed for guests), and that will help.

This post was rather boring, wasn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a note that I have been trying for years to digest...clutter cannot be organized! You'd think that I could actually get rid of some of the stuff, but I keep thinking I will use it onstage. What's your excuse? HA!
P.S. Great bathing suit pics of Amelia!

Kristy said...

Not boring at all...real life! Clutter is the demon I face in my life ALL the time. Just wait until Amelia starts bringing home school work and crafts. I hope you are more objective than me...I'm WAY too sentimental. :)

You may want to look on foodnetwork.com for simple meals (i.e. Rachael Ray, etc.). Taste of Home has pretty easy meals too. Rotisserie chickens are always good from Publix or another store. All you do is make the sides (salad, rice/pasta, etc.).

Good luck on the pics!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to include in your summer plans that I am coming to sleep on that new sofa bed (ouch?)for five whole days! I can't wait.