Saturday, October 06, 2007

School Shower!

I just realized that I haven't posted in a week--oops! This has been one busy, crazy week. I'll post more about it later, but I did want to go ahead and share some pics from my school shower that was held after school Thursday in the media center (as you can tell from all the books). Photo credits go to Tim, who was super-thrilled about attending his first baby shower.

Here's Kim (a.k.a. Theatre Director) pinning on the corsage:


This shot was Kim's idea...she knows how much I love the stomach touching!

Here are Sabrina F. (my guidance counselor bud) and Anne D. (a fellow English teacher) getting ready to serve:
Here are a couple of present-opening shots:


And here are a few random shots of party attenders. This one is of Bonnie and Patsy, two math teachers:


Here's Fraser, another fellow English teacher, obviously enjoying being one of the two males present at the shower:

I would post more, but Blogger is being a little slow with uploading the pictures. It was a great shower, though. I told Tim right before it that things like this make me nervous in a strange way because I'm concerned about either the possibility that no one will show up (thus scarring me for life) or the fact that I'm the center of attention. In the end, I did have fun and once again, people were quite generous and sweet.

So thanks, Kim and Tim, for your involvement in all this. It was fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Looks I like I will be joining you at the gym to work off my "baby" bulge. Too bad my baby is eight! HA!

Amy said...

I always blame it on the angle or the lighting. :)

Jenny said...

One--your library is really clean looking. You don't wanna see mine.
Two--you look fantastic.
Three--Love the top! Blouse. Shirt. Whatev! Very cute.
Four--that cake looks like it tasted very good!
Five--Looks like a fun bunch to work with.

Amy said...

Thanks for the compliments. The cake was good. As for number five...I will say that most of the shower goers are pretty fun people.

Our school is not very "social"--the only people I EVER see in my off time are Kim and Tim. It's kind of strange...