Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Other stuff from last week...and stuff from this week

I mentioned in my last post that last week was a crazy week, and boy, was it ever.

In addition to the shower, another highlight of my week was that we bought a new car. We had reached a point where we could either spend money to do "upkeep" repairs on the Pilot, or we could get something new. While I like my Pilot well enough, I wasn't crazy about it and didn't really want to drive it for a few more years. I ended up getting a CR-V, and I love it. I had a CR-V before the Pilot, and I really liked it better. The Pilot was just too much car for me, and the CR-V is actually just the right size. There's enough room for a car seat (or two--should Coretta have a sibling one day), and the pack-and-play fits in the back. I'll have to post a picture of the car soon.

We also had midterms last week. This is something new we are required to do. We had a "work day" Friday, and it would have been really nice if we could have used our work day to, you know, work. I still have midterms to grade, and my goal is to finish them tonight. Woo hoo.

I'm in a tiny bit of a funk--not a major one (no tears!), but a minor one. I have a lot of stuff to do in the next four weeks in order to leave stuff for a sub, but I don't want to do any of it. And that's another frustration...apparently a sub hasn't been "secured" for me yet. This makes me a bit nervous. I'm not sure what the competency level is going to be of the person who will be in charge of my classes. I know that I have more important things to be concerned about, but this "what's going to happen while I'm out" issue is a constant nagging issue in the back of my mind.

Oh, well...this situation isn't going to get any better if I don't do something, so I better get to grading those midterms. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I totally understand the "while I'm out" nervous feeling. I'm glad I'm back among my crap.
Good luck getting it all ready. Make sure you leave stuff for the sub to do that you hate---your least favorite thing to teach, etc. :) HAHAHA

Amy said...

That's EXACTLY why the sub is doing THE SCARLET LETTER. :)

(I actually like the book, but I don't like teaching it.)