Friday, September 28, 2007

The Week in Review

Well, here is one thing I've learned this week: when I'm 34 (almost 35!) weeks pregnant, it takes me a loooong time to recover from a weekend of fun and festivity. I had so much fun last weekend (I don't think I mentioned that my two sisters-in-law and two nieces, my mother, and my aunt came to town for the shower), but I still have that "hit by a truck" feeling. Add that to the fact that it was Graduation Writing Test week and my 10th graders are reading Julius Caesar (which, I'm sorry, I just don't enjoy teaching although I try to fake my love for it), and it has seemed like a really long week.

Other happenings this week: Thank goodness the new fall TV season started. Although I've Fake TiVoed most of my shows and plan to watch them at some point this weekend, I did catch my guilty pleasure, Dancing with the Stars. I wasn't really looking forward to this season because I didn't really care about any of the "celebrities," and I thought it was too soon after the last season, which ended, I think, in late May. I have to confess, though, that I think I'm really going to like it. Most of the celebrities seem likable, and there are some really promising dancers in the mix. My favorites are Jennie Garth (look, I loved 90210 back in the day) and Helio the Racecar Driver. He may be my schoolgirl crush for this season.

Last night, Darryl and I took a Baby Essentials class so that we could learn how the proper way to feed, bathe, and diaper our newborn. It was quite fun and informative. I've changed a few diapers in my life (but Darryl has probably changed more than I have), but I never feel like I'm doing it the right way, and I have NEVER bathed a baby. We have our hospital tour this Sunday, and then next week, we're taking Infant CPR. From that point on, the education--which I'm sure will be quite vast and overwhelming--will be hands on.

Tonight, I'm having the most fun I've ever had doing laundry...I'm washing baby clothes! I have to confess that I opened the washing machine lid several times to look at my pink and white onesies swishing in the water. I'm sure the laundry isn't much fun when it is, you know, soiled by various gross substances that I won't specify, but for right now, I'll bask in this moment of baby preparation.

Yep, that's about it for us. I have a long "to do" list for this weekend...I'm crossing my fingers that I get everything accomplished.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I hate Julius Caesar too. Glad I don't have to teach it.