Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's almost Friday!

Thank goodness it's Thursday. I think Thursday is actually my favorite weekday--it has always been my favorite TV evening (remember when The Cosby Show and Family Ties were back to back on Thursday evenings?), and there's just something about knowing that you have to make it through one more work day before the weekend is here. (Speaking of TV, if you're not watching Friday Night Lights, you MUST put it on your viewing schedule. I love it, love it, love it. You will love it too.)

Tomorrow should be somewhat of an easy day. It's early release because of Homecoming, and quite frankly, that means that I am just babysitting my students for several hours. I've found that it is pointless to try to accomplish anything of substance on early release days because students have already "early released" their brains. Fortunately, my students are pretty well behaved this year and can usually amuse themselves with looking at magazines and playing Uno while I grade some papers. (Wow--I really sound like Teacher of the Year, don't I?)

My parents are coming up this weekend, and I'm excited about that. It will be their last visit before the baby arrives. My mom and I plan to shop for my "hospital bag"--I just need a few things, and from what I hear, the biggest mistake people make is taking too much stuff to the hospital. Other than that, I think we are just going to hang out.

Well, I need to finish tidying up. It finally feels like fall today, so I think I'm going to put out my Pumpkin Pie Yankee Candle. Little things like that excite me these days. I'm obviously not getting out much.

No comments: