Friday, October 19, 2007

A little better today...

I'm halfway out of the funk I was in yesterday. I'm pretty much finished with my lesson plans for my juniors with the exception of the semester exam, which will pretty much be cut and pasted from old tests. My sophomores were a little better today; I think they could tell I was in no mood for their shenanigans, and that seemed to work somewhat.

I've decided that I'm taking the evening off from school stuff--is anyone watching Friday Night Lights? I swear I cry (or at least tear up) in every scene with Tami (played by Connie Britton).

Anyway...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE FNL. Missed it last night. What happened?
PLUS what the heck is up with that dude who looks like a pitbull throwing that body over in the river? I mean, they could have called the cops. It was self defense! Stupid show---only this part.

Amy said...

Spoiler alert for any FNL fans who haven't watched Friday's ep yet...

This is it in a nutshell--if you need more detail, let me know:

--Tami slaps Julie when she comes home late (wee hours of the morning) after hanging out with the Swede, and now Tami feels like a bad, negligent mother to her teenager.

--The high school team is falling apart, and Buddy Garrity tells Eric that he can help him get his job back if he wants to come home; at the end, after seeing how bad off his family is, he decided to take Buddy up on his offer.

--Pit Bull and Tyra "hook up" at the beginning, and she tells him it was a mistake, but as the show progresses, she realizes Pit Bull is really a great guy, so at the end, she kisses him. (I agree that the dead body story line is stupid, but at least these two actors are making the most of it. I really like both of those characters.)

--Tim goes with Lyla to church and starts to "feel" something while he's there...later he tells Lyla about it but makes the mistake of kissing her, so she thinks he said that just to get her. She's mad at him now.

Amy said...

Oh, also...Tim's brother is now dating the next-door neighbor that Tim had the fling with last year.

And...Jason has decided to go to Mexico to try an experimental surgery with stem cells, and at the end Tim decides to go with him, so those two are heading off to Mexico. (And Jason quit coaching because he hates the new coach.)