Saturday, August 26, 2006

Grading Marathon 2006

Darryl and I have already gone to a Braves game (see post below), and tonight we are going to a wedding, but the rest of my time needs to be spent grading this stack of papers. It isn't that tall, but this stack contains the following, ranked by priority:

1--4 sets of in-class essays from my seniors (this would explain why the stack isn't that tall--most of my seniors think that "multi-paragraph essay" means two paragraphs). While I have many of these--about 100--they shouldn't take long to grade. They aren't a major grade, so I'm spending just a few minutes on each one.

2--1 set of in-class essays from my Pre-AP students. I have 14 of these, but they will probably take a while to grade as I adjust to the AP grading rubric I borrowed/adapted from TimShady.

3--5 sets of short essay responses from the seniors' Canterbury Tales test. I can do these quickly.

4--1 set of vocabulary quizzes from my Pre-AP students. These should be easy to grade.

If I can get ALL of this done (I know--dream on, right?), I will be in GREAT shape at the beginning of the week and will not get anything new to grade until Wednesday, when Canterbury Tales projects are due. :)

I just heard the shot of the pistol, so I better get on my way...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

A shot of a pistol at my high school means something totally different! :)