Monday, October 31, 2011

A Fun and Busy Past Few Days

Well, this past weekend was definitely a fun one!

Friday, I went to the costume parade at Amelia's daycare. I don't have any GREAT photos from it, but here are a couple just for posterity's sake.



Not to pass the blame on to someone else for my bad photos, but see that guy's half rear end in the above photo? He would NOT move out of my way so I could get a good photo from any distance away. Oh well.

Anyway, right after that, I went to my old school to watch the theatre students compete in the Regional One Act Competition with their performance of Sweeney Todd. Oh my goodness, it was so good! I was able to see some of my former students while the judges were deliberating (and our school won!!), and afterwards, I was able to visit with some of my former colleagues. It was a fun way to spend the day.

Saturday was Darryl's 40TH birthday! We had doughnuts for breakfast, and then Amelia and I went to a birthday party for her friend Sophia. Darryl's "plan" was to go home to get ready for a day of football watching. Well, around noon, Darryl a message to me that said, "32 white?" I was like, "What on earth are you talking about?" Turns out that the entire time I was at the party, he had been standing in line to get me a new phone!

Now, while some of you might be thinking, "Wow, that was really sweet of Darryl to stand in line for two hours on his birthday to buy Amy a new phone," let me assure you that he will NEVER let me forget about it. :-) (Actually, it was very sweet of him. My old phone was s-l-o-w, and our service needed to be changed because I could barely get a signal in our house. Not good when we no longer have a land line.)

That afternoon, we had birthday cake and opened a few gifts.


That evening, we went to Bonefish Grill (yum!) and came home. Darryl stayed up late watching some good football (anyone see that Georgia Tech win? what a fun game!), so he was happy. :-)

Sunday I stayed home from church (gasp!) so I could bake some cupcakes for my friend Blayne's Halloween dinner.

On the left is a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting. On the right is a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Both were delicious if I do say so myself!

(Just to add to my baking accomplishments for the weekend...I also baked Darryl's birthday cake, which was an upside-down German chocolate cake. Not as pretty, but definitely good!)


Sunday evening, we went to Blayne's dinner that I mentioned before. Here are a couple of shots of Amelia in her Rapunzel costume. She wasn't too keen on looking at the camera in the first one. But tell me, folks, have you ever seen a cuter Rapunzel????



And here's a photo (taken with my phone in poor lighting) of me, Mary (on the left) and Blayne (in the middle).


Not a bad way to spend the weekend, huh? I also have some fun things on the agenda for this week, too. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: