Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Mastering the Swirl

Brace yourself. This post is going to be riveting. RIVETING.

Amelia says she wants cupcakes for her birthday, and I think I'm going to bake them. All I have to do is master the swirl of icing on the top, and I'm good to go. (I'm using cupcake toppers, so I don't have to write anything on them.)

This was the first attempt the other night.

I think for my first time using a decorator's tip, that isn't half bad. (That isn't even the right tip. I had to make do with what I had.)

They also tasted pretty good, if I do say so myself.

But.

You know what happened with the majority of these cupcakes (and by majority, I mean 18 of the 24)? They all fell on the floor when my cupcake carrier failed on me.

So sad.

(Also, I am fascinated/obsessed with Wilton's message boards. I am NOT going to start decorating cakes, but it is funny to see a subject line like, "Can anyone help me make a butt cake?")

(I think I need to get out more.)

No comments: