Friday, October 07, 2011

Another Eyebrow Waxing Adventure

You might remember my last eyebrow waxing appointment where the lady FLIPPED OUT over my dry skin and suggested the $89 face cream.

Well, this time was an adventure as well.

I didn't go to my usual waxing place (site of the $89 face cream). Instead, I decided to try the mini-spa at the gym because I could leave Amelia at the childcare area. For some reason, I'm thinking young children are not welcome visitors at soothing spas.

(Also, time was of the essence because I needed my brows waxed for an event this weekend that I will tell you about Monday.)

So back to the story...

I went in the little room with the table, and the lady told me to take off my clothes from the waist up and put on a little towel wrap because she would be massaging my shoulders and arms. And then she left the room.

Well, I was like, "Sweet! I am totally getting my brows waxed here from now on!" And I did what she asked.

She came back in and said, "Have you ever had a facial before?"

I replied that I had, but then I said, "But today I just need a brow wax."

She looked at her schedule sheet, then looked at me, and said, "Oh! I read this wrong. You ARE just here for a brow wax! Didn't you think it was weird that I made you take off those clothes?"

"Well, yeah...but I have never been here before so I just went with it!"

Then we both died laughing, and I proceeded to have my brows waxed while wearing a towel wrap.

And I was totally bummed that I wasn't getting that shoulder and arm massage after all.

No comments: