Tuesday, October 04, 2011

What a Little Sleep Will Do


Well.

I really channeled the spirit of Debbie Downer yesterday, didn't I?

Truth be told, the weekend DID have its ups and downs, but I think my lack of sleep exaggerated things a bit for me.

I'm a light sleeper. When you are the "adult in charge," that is both a blessing and a curse. All fourteen of us were in one cabin / one room. I was very aware of every coming and going from that room. (There was a great room area that some of them would go to when they wanted to hang out.) As a parent, I hope Amelia has a light sleeper as her chaperone one day. :-)

It also means, though, that I woke up to every cough, snore, giggle, etc.

So yeah, after two nights of that, I wasn't the most positive person in the world.

But look at these girls. Are they not the cutest group of 9th grade girls you've ever seen? I did NOT look like this when I was in 9th grade, I assure you.

I am definitely looking forward to getting to know these girls even better over the next four years.

No comments: