Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer Catch-up

I know I kept you in suspense with Post-Planning Days 2 and 3, didn't I?? I'm sure you've been chompin' at the bit in anticipation.

Those last two days of post-planning included meetings, counting textbooks, and, for me, some major cleaning and organizing. Oh, and we had a somewhat awkward end-of-the-year luncheon at which people whose contracts hadn't been renewed who were not returning next year were given parting gifts. (Is it just me, or is that odd?) The program/luncheon finally ended with a nice farewell to a retiring English teacher, so at least it ended on a not-awkward note.

So far, the summer has been wonderful. Amelia and I had a great day Friday, and it involved a somewhat hilarious adventure at the playground, where I ended up chasing Amelia down a really big tunnel slide. She thought it was hysterically funny, and I just prayed I wouldn't get stuck or flash anyone.

My mom came up for the weekend because for Christmas, I gave her tickets to see the musical Jersey Boys at the Fox. While the actual gift was a long time coming, the musical was great, and my mom loved it. If you don't know...the musical is basically the story behind Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. When I was in high school, my mom took me to see the real Frankie Valli and Four Seasons, so I figured she would love the musical. And as I already said, she definitely did. I really enjoyed it, too. I'm thinking I might even put it in my Top 5.

Yesterday my mom went back home after lunch, and Amelia and I took a long nap and ran some errands.

Today I had a "me day." I'm taking Amelia to her daycare two days a week this summer. Yes, it does give me some time to get things done, but Amelia is also at the age where she really seems to enjoy being in the company of her daycare friends. She practically ran in and hugged her teacher when I dropped her off today, and then her friend Addison walked up and they jabbered at each other. Too cute.

Anyway, I ended up going to a scrapbooking studio and scrapbooked pretty much all. day. long. I have finished up the photos with Amelia's "first year book," and I even got a little bit done on my London book.

Speaking of London, I finally transferred some pics from Darryl's computer to mine. At some point this week, I'll try to post some.

2 comments:

Aunt Winifred said...

Yes, I for one have been chompin' at the bit. Every time I use my computer I check to see if you have posted anything. I love seeing what you have been up to.

And I LOVED the Four Seasons when I was in high school. I am so envious!!

I can so relate to the awkwardness of the end-of-year lunch--we have five people whose contracts have not been renewed because of cutbacks. They don't know if they are going to have jobs in the fall yet. It's very awkward to be around these people right now.

Anyway, hope you have a restful summer.

Amy said...

Yes, it definitely is awkward!

I think you would have loved the music in JERSEY BOYS.

I hope you have a restful summer too. I thought it would never get here!