Friday, June 19, 2009

Busy, Yet Uneventful

This week has been a weird week of sorts. I feel like it has been pretty busy, but at the same time, I don't have much to report. Here are a few tidbits:

Amelia went an extra day to daycare this week. She typically goes Tuesdays and Thursdays, but she went Monday this week as well because we got a call Sunday night that someone wanted to look at our house Monday afternoon. (Our house has been for sale for a while...don't know if I mentioned that on the blog or not. We're not leaving the area; we're just running out of room!) Our house wasn't in "house showing" condition, so I took Amelia to daycare so I could do some heavy-duty de-cluttering. I'll fast-forward to the end of the story and let you know that the couple decided our house was too small. Bummer, but not surprising.

I've also been continuing with the sleep training. If you are a Facebook friend, you already know how it's been going, but if you're not...

--the first night took an hour and a half
--the second night took 20 minutes
--the third night took 5 minutes
--the fourth night took...no time

I'm pretty shocked. Honestly, I was mentally prepared for this to be a month-long battle. The real test came last night when Darryl was left at home with her while I had dinner with a friend of mine. (I had put her to bed every night so far.) She only cried a few minutes, Darryl said, and then went to sleep. I don't know that we've reached the finish line yet, but I'm at least convinced she has the ability to do it. Naps haven't gone as well, but we're getting there.

And between all of that, I was able to fit in a little scrapbooking (I know I was going to take a week off, but oh well), a lunch date with Darryl, a little shopping, ice cream with Amelia at Bruster's, and a little more cleaning.

So there you have it...not exactly a super-exciting week, but a full one nonetheless.

No comments: