Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekly Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions apparently don't work for me. The weight I'd hope to drop by mid-March is still on my body. I kill a lot of time doing things like surfing the net and talking with co-workers after school instead of grading and getting work done. (I definitely think talking with co-workers is a good thing, but sometimes I probably do it because I'm procrastinating with the work that needs to get done.) On top of it all, I'm tired most of the time. Darryl marvels at how I start snoring (yes, I just admitted to that) within a minute of my head hitting the pillow.

I'm going to try these things this week:

  • I am going to make an effort to walk/exercise every weekday this week, weather permitting. I've actually been pretty good with this lately.
  • Along the health and fitness line...I'm trying these exercises that are supposed to minimize the "mummy tummy," which I still have 16 months after Amelia was born. Basically, the exercises--from what I gather--consist of repetitions of sucking in my gut (thinking belly button to backbone) 500 times a day. I think I've done 300 today and I can feel it. We'll see if it works.
  • I'm going to try to be in bed, lights out, by 9:30.
  • I'm going to focus on work in the afternoons until I pick up Amelia.
  • I'm minimizing my Internet surf time to maybe 15 minutes a day. This is HUGE, people.
I'll report at the end of the week and let you know how it goes...

No comments: