Sunday, March 29, 2009

Breaking Dawn and Resolutions

I'm beginning to think that Breaking Dawn, the fourth (and right now, last) book in the Twilight series, is the book that simply won't end. I feel that for every page I read, two more are added to the end. While some interesting stuff happens in the book, it is REALLY drawn out. I want to finish it before our trip Friday so I can take something new to read with me, and I refuse to lug that huge book with me. (I have to finish one book before I can go on to the next. I'm weird that way.)

As for my resolutions that I proposed last Sunday, here's the report:

I give myself an A for walking. I walked Monday and Tuesday, even though I didn't want to, but then the rain came Wednesday and stayed for the week.

I give myself a C for Internet time. I did great Monday, but then I got caught up in a blog story (I'll mention it at the end) that compelled me to keep checking people's blogs all week.

I give myself a B for going to bed early. I did this Monday and Tuesday, and I felt great because of the seven hours of sleep I was getting. Wednesday and Thursday, however, I stayed up a little later to grade papers. Okay, I confess...Thursday I stayed up to watch Grey's Anatomy.

I give myself a B- for working diligently after school. I did get a good bit done this week, but I also killed a lot of time talking, mostly because of some school drama that I don't feel comfortable discussing here.

This week's resolutions:

Because of the trip Darryl and I are leaving on Friday, my main priority is to get stuff ready for the trip and to get some grading done. I don't need to worry about walking in the afternoons...I just need to get stuff done.

I need to go back to the 15 minutes of Internet surf time.

I need to work at school until I pick up Amelia.

And that's it as far as the resolutions go this week.


About the blog story that has consumed my attention...Several months ago, I mentioned a baby named Stellan who was a "miracle baby" who was having a rough time with RSV. Well, he survived that and appeared to be doing fine. Now, he's in the hospital again, this time for the heart condition that caused problems when he was in the womb. The doctors appear to be stumped. Anyway, if you are a praying person, keep him and his family in your prayers. You can read more here.

No comments: