Sunday, March 01, 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

We've had a good weekend so far. Technically, this is going to be a 3-day weekend for me because I'm taking Darryl to have an upper GI test done tomorrow.

There's talk of a snow day Monday, and for once, I'm hoping it doesn't happen because that would mean that Amelia's daycare would likely be closed and I would end up trying to entertain a 15-month-old for probably at least an hour and a half in a waiting room. That would not be good.

We've been trying to be better about eating out so much lately, but we failed miserably this weekend. We went to three new restaurants, and all were really good and places we would go again.

Friday night, we went to Gladys and Ron's Chicken & Waffles. I had actually been to a different location before and enjoyed it, but this was Darryl's first time eating there, period, and it was the first time for all of us at this location. Darryl enjoyed some fried chicken with the "fixins," and I had the smothered chicken and while it was good, I think my arteries might still be a little clogged. Amelia gave their waffles and their black-eyed peas the thumbs up. That girl LOVES black-eyed peas something fierce.

Saturday morning, we got up pretty early (meaning we were out of the house before eight) to eat breakfast at a place called J. Christopher's. Darryl's office had a breakfast catered from there, and he's been talking about it ever since Tuesday, when he found out the name of the restaurant. The breakfast was super yummy. We both had their Blueberry Crunchcakes, which are these delicious blueberry pancakes with some granola thrown in the batter. Yum! I want to go back and try their Coca-Cola ham served on a bed of cheese grits.

Yesterday afternoon, we ventured out once again to eat, this time to an English pub whose name I can't remember. The funniest thing about this restaurant is that Amelia had some mac n' cheese that she rocked her world. She'd stuff it in with both hands and throw her head back and laugh and go "mmmmm." And it was super cheesy, so she had it EVERYWHERE. Our food was good, too, but not as good as Amelia's, apparently.

Then last night, I made chicken pot pie. After all out gluttonous eating out, I've decided to try to cook for the next four or five days at least. And it was good too.

Then last night, I decided to do the Wii Fit. Probably a good move, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is basically a response to your posts about your 6th period class. I told your mother today that it seemed to me if you are having success with your other classes that this class's lack of success is NOT your fault. It seems you've tried several different things to grab their attention. The students have to bring something to the class--the teacher can't do everything. I realize that you have to deal with them everyday which can make for some miserable days. But it's not your fault.

Amy said...

Thanks, Aunt Winifred. Deep down, I know that. It's frustrating, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that we have just a few months left!

Kristy said...

I cannot stop laughing at Amelia's response to her mac n' cheese...do they ship items? I'm thinking we might could use some!! LOL That girl is a nut...in a good way! I think Joe is wondering what it is that I'm laughing about.