Monday, March 16, 2009

Standardized Testing :(

Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I'm not looking forward to this week.

The juniors are taking the state graduation tests this week (and for you non-teachers out there, the reason the tests are taken the junior year instead of the senior year is so that students can have multiple chances to pass...). We've been required to review, review, review the tar out of these tests. Our pass rate, especially in Language Arts, has always been pretty high, but the administration wants us to have more students with scores that exceed the standards. These juniors are notorious for not doing that well on standardized tests, so I'm curious to see what the scores will be. Last week, I pretty much turned the review into a competition and awarded candy to winning teams. I'm not too good to resort to bribery.

Anyway, testing typically throws everything off kilter. Gotta love it.

I can't believe I'm quoting Forrest Gump here, but "that's all I've got to say about that."

No comments: