Monday, December 31, 2007

Just to Have an End-of-the-Year Post

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm just posting right now because I felt I should have an official end-of-the-year post. I think I should have something especially poignant to say, this being the year I became a mother and all, but I'm too sleepy and tired to come up with anything great. Christmas week was fun, but with all the traveling and not sleeping much, I'm just weary...but happy. (Amelia is still sleeping pretty well--she wakes up every three to four hours--but as Darryl said to me, six hours of broken sleep isn't quite the same as six hours of straight sleep.)

I remember that last year on New Year's Eve, Darryl and I did a super-thorough cleaning of our bedroom, and I remember thinking how lame we were that we had nowhere fun and exciting to go. This year, we're watching TV (well, technically I'm blogging) and Amelia is snuggling on Darryl's chest (her favorite place to be), and we hope to go to bed before 10:30...and there's nowhere I'd rather be.

Our trip to Florida was fun and we were able to see quite a few friends and relatives. I have some good pictures, but I don't have the patience to upload them tonight. Maybe I will in the next day or two.

Amelia is starting to do more things. She smiles a good bit and makes lots of spit bubbles when she does it, and we just think that makes her the most amazing child in the world. :)

I have several "do-able" New Year's resolutions, but I think I'll save those for tomorrow.

I forgot to buy black-eyed peas, but I'm okay with that.

And there you have it. Happy New Year!

No comments: