Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Really Random Stuff

1--I may be in the minority here, but I hate that song "Bubbly." HATE it. (Tim, I wonder if it is because my introduction to the song was the not-so-great rendition we heard at the Cobb pageant.)

2--I was watching an old episode of Friends this evening--probably an episode from the second season or so--and Rachel was wearing a pair of overalls with a belt. It made me laugh. I can remember doing that "look." Not so flattering, even on Jennifer Aniston.

3--I absolutely love jewelry commercials this time of year. Darryl was joking with me the other day that he had bought me a diamond necklace from Kay Jewelers (trust me, he hasn't), and I told him that if he gave me jewelry, he must present it in a dramatic fashion as we see in the commercials. You know, he either has to drape the necklace around my neck while I'm sleeping, or else we have to go Christmas tree shopping and he has to put it under a tree without my knowing and then point to the tree and say, "that's the one!", or he has to build a snowman (yes, in Georgia) and have the snowman hold it. Seriously...does anyone REALLY do these things?

4--Amelia is now "intentionally" smiling. Too precious!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Chris said that if he put some jewelry in my hand while I was asleep I'd mash it up and drop it in between the mattress and the frame. I would too, I bet. I'm clumsy and not too delicate. :)

I hate Bubbly too. It's a combo of her smug voice and the fact that I read that she didn't base it on anyone. I don't know why but that bothers me. Also? She seems like the type who I wouldn't have liked in college---like, she would have hung out on the "grassy knoll" with the hacky sack players and would smell like cloves or something.

Amy said...

For me, Jen, it's the lyrics. I, too, think she hung out on the grassy knoll. (And your comment about cloves made me think about the episode of THE OFFICE where Dwight finds "drug evidence" in the parking lot and Michael admits to smoking a clove cigarette at an Alicia Keys concert.) Ha.

If Darryl put a necklace on me while I was sleeping, I'd probably jump and knock him in the head.