Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One Month

Wow...I can't believe Amelia is a month old already.

If you are familiar with the play Our Town, you might recall that the character Emily is given a chance to re-live any day from her life. If I were given that opportunity, I would choose November 12...the anticipation, the excitement, and finally the moment when I met and instantly fell in love with the little girl I had been carrying for 41 weeks--it was beyond amazing.

I'm not trying to be extra-sappy or poignant or anything; I'm way too tired for that. I've just enjoyed getting to know her and I'm very happy to be her mother. :) And I think she's pretty cute.

3 comments:

RealTimShady said...

I love this picture!

And I know you're loving every minute of being with Amelia, but ...

I can't wait for you to be back at school!

Jenny said...

Totally get the Our Town comment. Cute pic!

Anonymous said...

Now you understand.