Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008...and Resolutions and Weight Talk (Sigh)

First of all, Happy 2008!

And in the tradition of the new year, I feel I must make some resolutions. I typically break my resolutions somewhere around week two because I make resolutions that are pretty ridiculous or hardcore (such as going from not exercising at all to exercising six days a week), so I've decided to make just two resolutions, both of them quite do-able.

I'm going to make better use of my time. More specifically, this means I need to spend less time on the Internet. A quick check of my email in the morning and a little blog time in the evenings should be enough. I pretty much NEED to make this happen in order to make time for Amelia, Darryl, and school. I'm still a bit overwhelmed about how I'm going to grade papers and take care of a baby. Yikes.

I'm going to lose my "baby weight." I've already taken some action on this one by joining Weight Watchers yesterday. WW is the only "diet" I've ever been able to follow with any success. I've figured that with the remaining pounds to lose from being pregnant along with some pounds I had hoped to lose before becoming pregnant, I need to lose 25-30 pounds. (I'll be happy with 25, but I'll be ecstatic if I lose 30.) I don't think I've ever been more psyched about eating healthy--I've basically eaten what I've wanted for the past ten months, and I just feel kind of "saturated," you know? Also, for Christmas, Darryl and my parents gave me some rather generous gift cards to some of my favorite stores, so once I get a bit slimmer, I can enjoy a fun shopping spree...so that's definitely incentive.

I'm not going to set any ridiculous goals about exercising. I know that if I'm already short on hours in the day, I'm not going to be able to fit in an hour session at the gym. However, I do hope to take advantage of any warmer days that we have by walking and pushing Amelia in the stroller. Some crunches here and there couldn't hurt, either.


And that's about it. It's time now to eat some grapefruit for breakfast. :)

3 comments:

RealTimShady said...

I wish you well, my friend. And I promise not to tempt you with any delicious cakes or cookies. ;-P

Amy said...

Thanks. If Max makes the 6+ layer chocolate cake, I don't want to know about it. :)

Jenny said...

Good luck girl. I need to do the same...