Saturday, December 15, 2007

Events o' the week

I'm still hanging out with Amelia during the week and loving it. I can't believe how fast she is growing.

Wednesday, Darryl had an overnight trip for work and I was a tiny bit concerned about having Amelia by myself, mainly because I was already tired (she had a quirky night Tuesday and got up much more than usual) and had no one to share the shifts with. It went really well, though--pretty much a peaceful evening of "just girls."

Friday, Darryl and I checked out the daycare where Amelia will be staying. We both have an extremely good feeling about it, and while I'm not looking forward to leaving her for the day, at least I can be reassured by the fact that she is being well taken care of.

Today has been a pretty slow day, but we've enjoyed it. The weather is cold and rainy, and we've been inside except for an excursion to eat lunch and shop at Costco. I really could write a whole post on the Costco trip because it was such a roller coaster experience, but in a nutshell...it involved a Christmas present lost then found (something I knew I wanted to get my parents but it had been restocked in a completely different part of the store from where it had been last time), a Christmas wreath lost then found (I saw it, planned to come back for it, and "they" had moved it while we were there!), and a fudge sample found then lost (when I went back to stand in the sample line--and yes there was a line--the sample giver-outer was on a break).

I could also post about Darryl and his love for warehouse stores. He loves to buy in bulk. Today he was looking at a big box of Clif bars. I asked him if he liked Clif bars. He said he couldn't remember. I said, "Well, I think they taste like dirt, but perhaps you should go somewhere and buy just one to see if you like them before buying, say, 36 of them." When we were first married, he went to Sam's by himself and returned with a box of crispy M&Ms and 12 cans of cream of mushroom soup.

You can tell we've had an exciting day.

2 comments:

RealTimShady said...

Costco! On a Saturday! During the holiday season! Are you kidding me!?!?

Amy said...

Oh, I wish I were, Tim. In retrospect, I'm not sure why we didn't wait to do go one evening this week.

Lesson learned...but at least we were able to get what we needed. I'm all about checking things off the list. :)