Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One Life to Live: The Musical

This post is mainly for Kim and Tim because I thought they would get a kick out of this...

While flipping through the channels today, I saw a promo for a special episode of One Life to Live--a "prom musical" that is airing Friday. I tried to find the promo on You Tube, but all I could find was this video, which may be even "better" than the promo.

This production apparently has it all: zippy choreography, romantic tension, teen angst, a positive message, a high school setting, a rivalry...shall I go on????

I know Kim will tune in; she LOVES pop musicals!!

4 comments:

RealTimShady said...

Okay, to be completely honest, my 15 year-old self would have LOVED this (especially seeing as how my 41 year-old self didn't completely hate it).

But...it is totally ridiculous and cheesy (and the critic in me doesn't like the fact that a person I assume is the teacher is in the scene).

Amy said...

Oh, Tim, I would have LOVED this when I was a teenager.

I think that the woman playing the teacher actually starred in HAIRSPRAY on Broadway for a brief while...

I'm not sure how I know that information, but I do. (I think I saw her on a talk show or something once and she was talking about it.)

Anonymous said...

You must keep in mind it is the teen angst that I love so much!
And there's a reason she was only on Broadway briefly. 'nuff said.

Go on You Tube for the School Edition of Les Mis...the Bring Him Home version with the offcenter dark beard nearly sent me over the edge. Now that has to be some angst.

Jenny said...

I saw the commercial for this and couldn't believe how CHEESY it was. Oh my goodness.