Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Babies, babies, babies

That was definitely the theme for yesterday.

My friend Jessica, who has a year-old son, was kind enough to take me through Babies R' Us, showing me some useful things, giving much-needed advice, and so on. I think between Jessica's recommendations and my favorite baby book, Baby Bargains, I am in pretty good shape when it finally comes time to register.

Last night, I became obsessed with looking up nursery themes/bedding online. I think it is amazing how I have a knack for picking out and liking the most expensive collections BEFORE I ever see the price. After some searching, though, I found some things I really like at reasonable prices. I'm just waiting for Friday, when I'll finally know the gender!

In the midst of my online search, I realized what was playing in the background on the TV--VH1 had some show on about the cutest celeb babies. (#1 was Britney Spears's Sean Preston, but I think my vote would have to go to Suri Cruise or Gwen Stefani's son, Kingston.)

So I completely felt immersed in all things baby yesterday. I have a feeling this is just the beginning...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Champagne taste! Only the very best for your child. Love it!

Jenny said...

It's fun busy baby stuff, huh? :)
What's your feeling on the gender?

Amy said...

You know, it is fun. I'm ready to get to a point where we can actually start buying, decorating, and preparing. Right now I'm just looking and getting ideas.

I'm not sure on the gender. I was having a girl vibe, but I think that was just from people saying, "I think you're having a girl!" Lately, I've been thinking it could be a boy. Again, I'm basing that on absolutely NOTHING.