Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Resolutions And Such

So we're on Day 3 of 2012, but I figure it isn't too late to publish a couple of resolutions, right?

Here we go...

1. I would like for "losing weight" to not be one of my resolutions next year. (In other words, I want to lose some weight this year.)

2. I would like to run a 1/2-marathon. And by run, I mean a combination of running and walking. If you know me and think this is crazy because I am not an "athlete," I want to remind you that Oprah ran a full marathon once, and the Biggest Loser contestants (many of them much heavier than I am, thank you very much) ran a full one last season. I think if I train, I can do it. We shall see...

(Also, I have absolutely NO desire to do a full one. Just a half.)

3. I would like this to be the year I read the Bible all the way through. I've attempted several times, but I always get stuck in Leviticus and all the rules about the temple. I'm trying a chronological plan, and I've already learned something...I had no idea that Job lived before Abraham! See? My knowledge has already increased!

4. Of course, I want to be a better mom, wife, friend, daughter, etc. I'm not sure how you list that as specific goals...

And that's it...

Oh, I must add that I stayed up until the wee hours (for me, "wee hours" would be 1 a.m.) to watch the David Crowder Band's last concert on live stream from Passion. I'm so tired this morning, but the concert was SO good. They will be missed!

2 comments:

Aunt Winifred said...

Hi, Amy
I haven't posted a comment in a long time, but I just couldn't resist posting one about your resolutions. No, it's not the one about losing weight (though it could well be!!). It's #3--the one about reading the Bible all the way through in a year. I, too, have tried to do this several times, and like you I get bogged down in Leviticus. I also am reading the chronological Bible. It makes everything so much clearer, doesn't it? I don't think I've ever fully understood Jewish history, but reading the Bible chronologically helps. I also found two books in of all places the Dollar General Store that have helped me. They are "30 Days to Understanding the Bible" and "The Smart Guide to the Bible". Both authors seem to be legit and the content helps me understand the Bible.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this comment so long, but I just wanted to share.

Amy said...

Hey! Thanks for the tip. So far, I've kept up with my reading, but then again, I haven't gotten to Leviticus yet. :-) I hope you're doing well. Maybe we can meet up the next time I visit my parents!