Monday, January 09, 2012

Monday Thoughts (on Self-Improvement)

Y'all! I lost 4 pounds! FOUR POUNDS!!

I'm sorry. I'm slightly excited about that. It is giving me motivation to continue onward in my weight-loss/fitness journey. Last night, I was losing my resolve (and might have eaten some potato chips). But now, I'm ready to eat my bowl of delicious Kashi cereal. Yum.

(But I'd rather have a doughnut. Don't get me wrong.)

I also successfully completed Week 1 of my Half-Marathon Training Plan. And survived.

I also got my hair cut Friday, and I really like it. However, last night I was with my 9th grade small group, and no one acknowledged my haircut at all. (I'm not all that self-absorbed, but I know from my teaching experience that students might not catch on that the "A" is for "adultery" in The Scarlet Letter, but they DO notice a haircut.) And it is an obvious haircut (seriously...I think I got at least four inches cut off the back.). So my theory is that if a haircut is obvious and no one mentions it, then no one likes it.

(Y'all. Those 9th graders make me feel so self-conscious. It's like I've gone back to ninth grade myself. I think this is something I need to work on.)

Well, I have a list a mile long of things that need to get done today, so I need to shut down this blog post and get going.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm impressed. I'm struggling with my weight loss plan.