Monday, January 23, 2012

Weight Loss Failure

If you look at my little ticker on the right, you might see that my runner is running backwards.

As Amelia would say, "That's not good."

This time the gain can be blamed on Louisiana cuisine, as the three of us made a quick trip to Baton Rouge last week.

(I say "quick trip," but there was nothing about that trip that was quick. Between rain, numerous stops for a 4-year-old who never seemed able to coordinate her bathroom needs with rest area stops, and so on, we were in the car 20-plus hours round trip.)

All I can say is that there was King Cake, and King Cake and I had a much anticipated reunion after about six years of being apart.

And I might be having one more slice of King Cake with my coffee before bidding farewell to it. A fond farewell.

BUT...

I want to toot my own horn for a minute because I am still following the half-marathon training program, and on Saturday I actually did my 5-mile run (and by run, I mean run/walk) at the LSU lakes.

And I didn't hate it, probably because this was my view:

So...I'm about to indulge in one last slice of King Cake, and then it is back on the wagon for me.

And let's cross our fingers that the runner on my ticker actually runs FORWARD next week. :-)

No comments: