Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Christmas Catch-All

This is my last Christmas post, I promise.

I realized I didn't talk at all about Christmas with our families in Florida the weekend before Christmas.

On our way down to Florida, we stopped at Callaway Gardens for the night and did the Festival of Lights. If you ever go, you should choose to ride the trolley, especially if you have kids. Amelia LOVED it.


However, one of our favorite things we did was the butterfly exhibit the next morning before we left. Amelia was delighted by all the butterflies flying around us, as you can tell in this pic:


Then we traveled on to Florida, where we celebrated Christmas with my parents on Saturday and then celebrated with Darryl's family on Sunday.

I'm about to be super-lazy and say that if you want to read about our Christmas at my parents' house, you should go here to read my mom's account on her blog. (I would have used the same photos and told the same things...so why not? Plus, you should check out her blog anyway.)

On Sunday, we had a great time with Darryl's family. It's funny...at my parents' house, everything is very calm and quiet because Amelia is the only child there. At Darryl's sister's house, it is KRAZY because there are five kids. It's fun, though! Darryl fixed prime rib for lunch, and we had that with all the fixings.

Top Left--Amelia and her cousins Madison and Savannah look at the iPad.
Top Right--Amelia's Uncle Dayton tries to show her the proper stance for hitting a ball.
Center Left--Amelia loved hanging out in the back of a pick-up truck with Madison and Savannah.
Center Right--Opening presents!!
Bottom Left--Darryl and his sister, Ashley.
Bottom Right--Savannah was EXCITED to get a BB gun. (It reminded me of A Christmas Story.)

And here's a pic of all the cousins. Cameron, the only guy (bless his heart), refused to smile. :-)


Monday night, we visited one of Darryl's best friends from college. He and his wife have three daughters, and Amelia LOVED playing with them, especially the youngest one. When I saw all of them playing dress-up, it made me want to have four girls...for about a nanosecond.


It was a great visit with our families!

No comments: