Thursday, January 05, 2012

A Few Thoughts

1. I feel like someone should come visit us right now because our house is the cleanest it has ever been. We, and by "we" I mean "Darryl," went on a huge "get rid of the clutter" mission during the holidays, and I have to confess it is a good feeling. Yay for a clean house.

2. I have been obsessed (OBSESSED!) with watching Louie Giglio's Passion Conference online. I don't even have the words to express my thoughts about it. Simply amazing (and a wee bit convicting).

3. I'm a little sad because this coming weekend is the annual Glen Ella scrapbooking retreat, and I'm not going this year. It was an unnecessary expense in a time when I'm not working, and I was originally okay with not going. But now everyone is talking about it on Facebook, so I'm sad. While I'll miss the delicious food (oh...the food...), I really will miss laughing until my face hurts.

4. So far, I've done well with my New Year's Resolutions. Granted, it's only Day 5, but I'm on a roll, people!!

5. Even though I am sad that I'm not going to Glen Ella this weekend, I am very pumped that I'm going to get some time this weekend to hang out with my friend Sabrina. We haven't seen each other since last summer, and I'm excited to catch up with her.

6. I'm getting a much-needed haircut tomorrow. It really hadn't been my intention to go long with my hair, but I haven't know what else to do with it. In all honesty, I really wish I could go super-short, but I think my face is not the right shape for it, especially now that I'm in the, ahem, upper end of the weight spectrum. I've selected some photos from Pinterest, though. I'm thinking something along these lines:












But, if I lose my 27 pounds, I might go even shorter, like this:



Of course, I'd also just like to look like Michelle Williams, but whatevs.

7. This really might be the most pointless post I've ever done. You know you've hit a low when you are showing hairstyles.

No comments: