Friday, June 17, 2011

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

This has definitely been an up-and-down kind of week.

After I wrote Wednesday, we had some bad storms in our area. After they cleared and the rain stopped, Amelia and I attempted to meet Darryl at a nearby restaurant for dinner, but I got about a quarter of a mile down our road and there were trees across it and a cop blocking the road. I tried to go another route and encountered the same thing. It was kind of creepy and scary. So I ended up going back home and fixing some macaroni and cheese out of the box. Amelia was perfectly happy with that. Me, not so much.

Finally the trees were cleared enough for Darryl to get home, and then the power went out and stayed out until about 3 a.m. It was good times, y'all. (I remember when I was a kid and thought it was fun for the power to be out. Those days are no more.)

Yesterday, I met my friend Blayne again to scrapbook. I'm trying to get my creative mojo back, and it is coming back very slowly. When I got home, I was inspired to clean out/organize my small scrapbooking space (read: the guest room closet and a small desk in the guest room).

On a random note, I don't know what has happened to my attention span, but I can't focus on anything on TV for longer than 15 minutes. I have tons of shows I recorded while school was going on, and I just can't make myself watch them yet. I have five episodes of Glee waiting for me and several episodes of Modern Family, but I just can't make myself get into either of them.

But you know what show I do like to watch in little 15-minute spurts? Oprah: Behind the Scenes on the OWN network. SO interesting! (Darryl makes fun of me anytime I watching something on OWN.)

I also don't have the attention span to read a book for longer than 10 minutes.

Is this normal??

7 comments:

RealTimShady said...

A) I like your new design -- even though I don't really like the fact that you have put a giant X across the word teacher.

B) Own OWN, girl! I love "Oprah: Behind the Scenes." So fascinating to me! (Did you see the Jennifer Hudson episode? Don't make Oprah mad...)

C) Watch the "Modern Family" episodes! The last few of this season were classic!

Amy said...

I really mean the "X" as a kind of joke. Darryl has suggested that I change the title to "Amy Has It Easy." He is hilarious.

I did see that J-Hud episode! I couldn't believe she left town!!

And I'll get to "Modern Family"...one day...

Blayne White said...

It was so much fun yesterday and I love, love, love our new plan!! You will get in the groove. I think it's just the mental transition - you'll get over it. :D

Amy said...

I love our new plan, too! I think it is also therapeutic!

Amy's Baby Daddy said...

New plan??? I am very afraid!!!

Amy said...

You should be.

Blayne White said...

Verrrrry afraid....