Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: Scrapbooking Class, Father's Day, Etc.

How about a little weekend wrap-up?

Friday night, I went to scrapbook class at my friend Mary's store. While the project itself (a Unibind album) isn't something that I consider "my thing," I like to take classes like that just to learn some new techniques. Plus, as I said in a previous post, I'm just trying to get my creative mojo back.

Just for the heck of it, here is a photo from the class.


(Tim, if you are reading this, I'm thinking the crowd in that photo is probably what you envision when you picture "scrapbookers." Let me assure you that Blayne (on the top right), Mary (whose hands you see on the left), and I are very cool scrapbookers. And I think we were the youngest ones there.)

Honestly, I don't remember much about Saturday. We had a Cracker Barrel breakfast, took Amelia to swim lessons, and had dessert for dinner. Yum!

For Father's Day, we spent most of the day just hanging out together, and that was nice. We went to the pool that afternoon and Amelia and Darryl took a long hibernation-type nap that afternoon.

Here's the only Father's Day photo I took. Poor Darryl didn't even get to eat his own lunch; Amelia wanted his broccoli cheese soup and he graciously shared. (We were on our way to the pool, thus the hat that Darryl is wearing.)

No comments: