Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Aquariums and Diaper Champs

Tuesday I took Amelia to the Georgia Aquarium. We went last year at the end of the summer and Amelia really enjoyed it then, so I figured she might enjoy it even more now...and she did.

Here's why I am a fan of the aquarium, especially in the summertime:

1) It is indoors and COOL.
2) It is easy to get to.
3) The parking is oh so close to the entrance.
4) Again, it is indoors and COOL.

Did I mention it is indoors and cool?

Amelia didn't stay still for long, so it was hard to get photos, but here are a few...




And this has nothing to do with the aquarium, but I have to show you a photo of this momentous occasion:

That's our Diaper Champ, waiting to be collected by the garbage truck.

SWEET MERCY.

Amelia is, I believe, a smart child, but heavens to Betsy, she really didn't give a rip about potty training. Around Easter, I finally just decided to put her in some panties to see what happened, and lo and behold, we haven't looked back.

Well, that's not 100% true. We glance back to Pull-Up Land for naptime and bedtime, but other than that, this is a diaper-free zone.

HALLELUJAH.

1 comment:

Blayne White said...

LOVE this - especially the Diaper Champ. Just loved to get over that hurdle, too. I remember Alyx was the same way. Girls are pretty hard headed.