Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm Leaving You Behind, 2009!

I'm not too sad to leave 2009 behind. It wasn't my favorite year. The year got off to a rocky start for my friends and me (Kim, if you're reading this, here's hoping that you don't spend New Year's Day with ServPro!), and I never really felt like 2009 was "my" year.

That being said, it wasn't all terrible. I finally got to realize my dream of going to London; I had two fun scrapbooking excursions; I enjoyed getting to see Amelia's personality develop, and she usually makes me belly-laugh at least once a day; we've enjoyed times with family and friends; and I've gotten to teach a mostly great group of students for two years in a row.

This New Year's Eve, we're away from home. I can't remember being away from home on NYE, well, ever. I'm usually taking down the Christmas tree while watching Dick Clark/Ryan Seacrest on New Year's Rockin' Eve. This year, though, I'm in a hotel with Darryl and Amelia, and I just finished eating some Starbucks Mocha Frappaccino ice cream straight from the pint. Not a bad way to spend an evening. (I would tell you where we are--and if you are my Facebook bud, you know where I am--but I'll save my mother's sanity by not disclosing our location. I'll tell you later, though.)

Anyway, the year 2010 seems like a good year for new beginnings, so on that note, I'll create my next post...the good ol' New Year's Resolutions (not to be confused with my Christmas Resolutions, which I detailed in my previous post).

Farewell, 2009!

No comments: