Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Festivities--Part 1 (Parties!!)

Friday the 18th--The 2-Year-Olds' Christmas Party
Friday afternoon, Amelia's daycare class had their Christmas party. It was very cute...most of them were dressed in their PJs, and they had a book exchange and ate snacks. I don't even know how many sugar cookies Amelia ate. The girl loves cookies. (So do I. Who doesn't?)

Waiting for her book (note how Amelia doesn't like to sit):



Looking at her new book:

Mmmm, cookies!!!
It was a fun time. After Amelia had finished her plate of goodies (of course she left the fruit and carrot sticks behind; she's not interested in those food groups), she grabbed her book and headed for the door. I guess she figured she had a book, she got to eat cookies, and that was pretty much a party for her. No point in wasting time socializing. :)

Friday Evening--High School Party
That evening, Darryl and I went to my school's party held at the home of one of our math teachers. Let's just say that apparently the husband of this math teachers has a lucrative business because that house was INSANE. At one point, I lost track of Tim (friends have to stick together in awkward party situations), and I actually had to text him to try to find him again...so that should give you and idea of the size of the house. Anyway, it was actually fun, not painful at all, and I won a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card. Not too shabby.


Okay...so in an attempt to be better at blogging, I'm trying to break down this week into smaller chunks. I was going to catch you up "thus far," but that was so overwhelming that I couldn't handle it. Stay tuned, for next I will be covering Christmas in Opp. You won't want to miss it.

No comments: