Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Festivities--Part 3 (Santa and the Pink Pig)

One vow that I've made after this week is that I'm not going to wait until the week of Christmas to see Santa Claus. On Monday, we finally made the trek to the mall (yikes) and waited in line an hour and a half with an uncooperative 2-year-old so we could get a picture. Here's one pic of Amelia and me, and it pretty accurately captures the mood of the moment:

I don't have a scanner, so I can't show you the official pic, but here's one that Darryl took with his camera.

On Wednesday, Amelia and I set out with our friends Michelle and Sophia to ride the Pink Pig at Macy's. We had to wait about an hour total, but it was a much less harrowing experience than the wait to see Santa.

Amelia and Sophia in line:

Amelia and I on the ride with the "old" Pink Pig in the background:

And here's a pic of the four of us with Priscilla the Pig:

Afterward, we went to Chick-fil-a. It was definitely a fun outing. The jury is still out on whether or not I want The Pink Pig to be a yearly tradition, but now we can at least say that we've done it!

No comments: