Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Festivities--Part 4 (Coming Soon)...But I have Christmas Resolutions!

For some reason, I'm having some issues with uploading photos, and my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day post would not be complete without photos, so I'm going to hold off on posting about it until the problem is fixed.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas. I don't know that Amelia is quite old enough to "get it," but we definitely had fun watching her open gifts and play with her toys.

Well, more about that later. After this week, I've decided to make some "Christmas Resolutions" for next year. Here they are:

1. I will not wait until the week of Christmas to take my child to see Santa Claus. (I'm going to do my best to find a non-mall Santa where the wait isn't an hour and a half.)

2. I am going to have a photo Christmas card next year. For two years in a row, we have not gotten our act together in time to do a Christmas card. Next year, my friends, is going to be different.

3. I am going to arrange my classes so that I do not have a bazillion essays coming in to me the last few weeks before break so that I can experience the full joy of the season well before school gets out for the break.

That's the thing about teaching--yes, it is great to have two weeks off, but I feel like I have to fit in all the fun in those two weeks. Last week alone, we visited Santa, went to Alabama, baked sugar cookies, rode the Pink Pig...it's too much at once. I also watched about five holiday movies in there. Next year I'm going to try to do some of that stuff earlier (because I love it all!!) instead of trying to cram it all in over just a few days.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: