Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Exhaustion

I haven't blogged lately because there has been too much going on. Too much. This is going to be a fairly short post because bed is looking a bit better than Blogger right now.

On the Amelia front...she has her first tooth. I noticed it Sunday afternoon. (This info is partly in here for when I finally get around to writing the date in her baby book. Baby book updating is so not happening this week.)

School pre-planning has consisted mostly of one meeting after another with little time to work in our rooms. Today was an exception--we pretty much spent all day in our rooms--but the downside was that it was also Open House day, so I was at the school from around eight until six this evening.

Oh, and here's another kicker: three people asked me if I was pregnant this evening. I'm HOPING it was the dress that I was wearing, which had an empire waist. Another teacher who was also wearing an empire-waisted dress was also asked by a parent if she was expecting, too. Still, this was a blow to the ego that I didn't really need this week. (And what happened to that etiquette rule that you NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you are 100% sure she is???? Hello?)

I'm going to bed now. I've had enough of this day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh girl, I cannot BElieve that someone went there with that baby comment. Unreal!