Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm still here!

Before I get into my week...did anyone see Michael Phelps win that race last night be 1/100th of a second??? I practically had to pry my eyes open to stay up to watch it, but it was worth it.

You can tell this was the first full week of school for us. I've had no time to blog.

So far, things are going pretty well except for the overwhelming exhaustion that comes with the first full week.

For the most part, I really like my 10th grade honors classes. I have one class of almost all girls, and they are wonderful--focused, smart, sweet. At first, I was concerned they would be all chatty and dramatic, but they're not...at least so far.

My juniors are pretty good. There are three boys I could do without, but I'll just have to make the best of it.

Here are some non-school-related things that went on this week:

--Monday evening, I met my friend Jessica for coffee. She was in town for work, and I haven't seen her in probably almost two years. Since we've seen each other last, she's gotten married, and I've had a baby. It was great to catch up!

--Darryl and I also got to see the proofs of the pics I had made of Amelia a couple of weeks ago. They're too cute. If there's a way to scan a couple of them to put them up here, I'll do that. We won't get our "real" pics probably for a month or so.

--My parents are here this weekend getting their Amelia fix. Darryl is in Florida with his family, and I didn't feel like making a quick trip to Florida this close to the beginning of school, so I invited my parents to come up here. They're going to watch Amelia today while I grade lots of stuff. Isn't it sad that I'm already behind on grading?

Well, I better go. Have a good weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love the Olympics! I still get chills watching the old clips of Mary Lou Retton. I'd like to find the footage for Rebekah to see. We've all loved watching the events this year...even the rowing!

Glad to hear you made it thru the 1st week! Our student teacher passed on a stomach bug that I got to enjoy Fri evening & most of the day yesterday! At least I haven't had to take a sick day within the 1st week.

I can't wait to see your professional pics of Amelia!