Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A bit of this n' that

I'm taking a quick break from typing up a test on Native-American and Puritan Literature.

Thrilling stuff, I know.

I love American Lit, but I cannot wait to get out of the pre-Romantic period phase. Students hate to read as it is. Anne Bradstreet is really a tough sell, people. So is Jonathan Edwards. And that's after we've read Native American poems about the voice of the grasshopper.

Here are a few random bits of info:

--I was digging through our big "outdoor" trash can this morning at 5:15 in an effort to rescue an Anne Taylor Loft coupon I realized I accidentally threw away. Fortunately, it was in last night's trash, so I didn't have to plunge head first into the can or anything. It was also fortunate that it was still safe in its plastic shopping bag and didn't fall prey to the gross coffee grounds that surrounded it. My rescue mission was successful, thank goodness. I'd hate to know I picked through those coffee grounds in vain.

Those $25 off purchases of $50 or more coupons are gold, people. Gold. And now, after all that effort, I'm obligated to spend it.

--I was watching the Olympic trampoline jumping competition last night right before I fell asleep. (Seriously, trampoline jumping???? An Olympics-worthy sport??) Y'all, those people were getting some serious air. It was a bit freaky.

--Amelia is apparently Miss Charm at daycare and Miss Crankypants when she gets home. This evening she cheered up, however, when I gave her a graham cracker...her first one. Does that mean she's an emotional eater?

Well, back to typing up the test. Yawn.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

School's been in almost 2 weeks, & I'm already tired!

I like Am Lit from Twain to present day. That was one of my favorite college classes. I think I loved every selection we had to read. I read more books that semester than I had in several years.

Shop on, girl! I had to laugh at the vision of you digging in the trash at such an ungodly hour.

Don't you hate how mushy graham crackers get with little ones? Yummy for them, icky clean-up for us.