Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long week, long weekend

Forgive me, my 6 or 7 readers, for not blogging this week. I was doing well just to get to bed by 11:00 each night, so it left little time for blogging.

Besides, Monday and Tuesday I was in a FUNK, so you probably wouldn't have wanted to hear from me anyway. These days were just rough, not for any big reason, but for lots of little ones. On top of that, Amelia did this thing for a couple of days where she cried (yes, cried) when I picked her up from daycare as though I was the last person she wanted to see. While the logical side of me said it was just a phase, the mother part of me was a bit hurt that my daughter wasn't thrilled to see me. Wednesday, however, I was apparently back in her good graces and all has been well with her since (except she is teething with her top teeth and is cranky off and on).

Wednesday was much better overall, and I had a couple of experiences with my students that made me remember how much I really can love what I do. These are experiences that probably would lose their value if I retold them here--you know, those "had to be there" experiences--and I desperately needed them. (However, Jen, you'll appreciate this...my students were reading The Crucible the other day, the student playing Abigail was absent, so this goofy guy with a deep voice said he would read it...and it was the "sweating like a stallion" part. Hilarious!! The students were rolling, and I was, too.)

Amelia also had her 9-month appointment at the doctor Wednesday; she's already 25 pounds and is off the charts in height. She did very well at the appointment, though...I think she cried over her shot (just one this time!) for about 10 seconds. Brave girl!

Yesterday was a half day at school, and teachers had a potluck lunch. Yum!

And now we're to the long weekend, thank goodness. While I do have papers to grade, I fully intend to enjoy some peaceful down time with Darryl and Amelia.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Glad to hear your week got better! At least your bad day wasn't Friday as mine was...made me question why I do what I do. But, alas, the funk is passing as the holiday weekend begins! I know what you mean, too, about having something neat happen, but it just doesn't seem to have the same impact when you write it.

Are you sure Amelia wasn't feeling a little icky those couple of days, & she just wanted the person she loves best to know? Or maybe she was testing you, then she got a shot, & she figured she best not mess with you?? :0