Monday, January 07, 2008

First Day of School


It was the first day of school for both of us...and judging from this pic, we both had big hair for the occasion. :)

Technically, it was a work day at school, but still--it was my first day back at "work," and my first day of separation from Amelia.

I was proud of myself because I didn't cry, but then so many people asked me if I cried--then confessed about how much they cried--that I started to feel like an unfit mother. What's wrong with me?

Honestly, I don't think it's that I didn't miss Amelia--I certainly did, as evidenced by the bazillion times I watched her on the web cam and the fact that I left promptly at 3 today--but I think I am just eager to get back to normal...or normal with a baby.

Tomorrow I'll see my students. I'm curious to see how they respond to my return.

Well, time to prepare dinner...

2 comments:

RealTimShady said...

I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

And to have you back in your classroom!

Anonymous said...

I personally love the big hair! It's big, but not too 80's. You'd have to do the big "wave" on top with the bangs to truly achieve the retro look. Amelia is precious! She looks like she's just chillin' and taking it all in! Our kids came back today. It was a pretty good day, except that I now have 2 cold sores on my lip. Yeah, that's fun to be sporting on your lips in the 7th grade, even for the teachers!! LOL
How many days till summer?