Saturday, January 05, 2008

A few quick things

It's been a busy weekend. We ended up having to get a washer and dryer this week, and they were delivered today. The washer is a front loader. Is it sad that I'm excited by that?

Glad Friday Night Lights is back, but I didn't care for last night's episode too much--too "all over the place" for me. But I still love the show and the acting is superb.

I start back to work Monday. Ugh. I have more to post about that tomorrow.

You might notice that I have a new "commenter," Kristy. Kristy was one of my best friends in high school and college and we were in each other's weddings. When I was in my hometown last week, she happened to be visiting her parents as well and called me. I'm so glad she did! We had lost touch over the past few years, but we were very sure to secure email addresses and phone numbers, and now she's commenting on my blog! (That means I have what...maybe six readers now? Haha.) The cool thing about Kristy and me, though, is even when we haven't talked in ages, we can pick right up just like we had seen each other yesterday. :)

Well, my tree is STILL up, and I've told myself that I'm going to take down some ornaments today, no matter what--so I think I can get at least a few down before I go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you got me all choked up with that last comment about us being able to pick right up! (Don't judge my English, I've been teaching SpecEd for 12 years now--you become what you teach!! It is very stressful writing you regular ed English types!LOL) Seriously, I said the same thing to some other friends of mine. Spooky!

Don't feel bad-my tree is still up and our icicle lights. We'll take them down next week or maybe we'll leave them on the trailer for next Christmas! LOL:) No, I don't really live in a trailer. Probably should, but I don't.

Geez, I need to go to bed.

Kristy

Jenny said...

Okay get that tree DOWN! Trees and decorations up this late make my skin itch. :) I almost growl at outside decorations up and LIT this late. I must have issues.

I understand about the washer/dryer love.

And FNL? Julie grates. AND the sister. How many people are living there???

Amy said...

Well, last night I decided to take down ornaments until Amelia woke up (she usually wakes up between 11 and 12 to be fed and then be put down "for good"--but she slept until 3:30 (holy cow!), so I just kept on taking down Christmas stuff and went to bed close to one in the morning. Darryl is dismantling the tree this afternoon. I love Christmas, but once it is over, I'm ready to put it back in the attic. :)

Kristy, I promise not to judge you for still having your decorations up!

Jen, I'm trying to figure out the point of the sister's character. Is it supposed to highlight how "tied down" Tami is or something? Both the sister and Julie have made comments to that fact... And Julie does grate, but quite frankly, I find that most girls that age do. Tim and I have discussed several times how we prefer teaching high school boys to teaching high school girls. (And I totally mean that in a non-Mary Kay L. way.) The girls always have so much DRAMA. True, there are a few exceptions--I do have some sweet girls--but with the boys, what you see is what you get.

Note to self: Raise Amelia to NOT be a self-absorbed drama queen.