Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This and that

The most eventful thing that has happened over the past few days is that Darryl returned home from a 3-week stint in South Africa. That was officially his last international trip for a while, and I was (and still am) really, really, really glad to have him home. He's also been treating me very well the past few days, cooking dinner two nights in a row while I sacked out on the "big chair."

I'm tired of hearing about OJ.

Funny dog story: Tonight Darryl and I were eating our dinner (grilled pork chops), and about halfway through our meal, Darryl noticed that Abby, our dog, was not in her usual dinnertime spot; she typically sits by the table, staring longingly at whatever we're eating. We immediately jumped up from the table, afraid that our gate was open and she had gotten out, but we quickly discovered where she was: the little boy next door was throwing Cheerios over the fence to her. Daniel (the little boy) loves Abby, and he was so cute taking a bite of his snack and then throwing part of it to her. I'm not sure how Abby felt when she realized she missed out on pork chops to have Cheerios, though...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yep...and that was his third trip there. And he's been to France. And did any of these trips coincide with any time off that I had so that I could go too? Of course not! :(