Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby Shower!

Saturday, my friend Jessica C. threw a baby shower for me. I'm having a school shower in a couple of weeks, so this one included some family and some of my non-teacher friends. It was lots of fun...good friends and family, fun conversation, delicious food (chicken salad on croissants, spinach salad, fruit salad, and cake), and very generous and beautiful gifts. I'll say this much--the baby is definitely going to be one sharply dressed gal.

Here are some highlights...

The beautiful cake:


From Left to Right: Darryl's Aunt Carol Sue, my cousin Victoria, my mother, and my Aunt Winifred:



Here's Jessica measuring me for the infamous baby shower game "How Big Is She?":


Here's a shot of some of my friends and family:


This was a bit of a gag gift from Darryl's cousin and his wife. Most of you know that Darryl and I aren't telling the name of the baby, much to the frustration of many of our friends and family. Brandy (Darryl's cousin's wife) figured that since she couldn't get anything monogrammed with the baby's real name, she would just give us a onesie monogrammed with "No Name." Ha!



Here I am chatting it up with my friends Tiffanie and Sheri; my friend Lisa is in the background, talking with my cousin Victoria:

It really was a fun time, and I am tremendously grateful for the friends and family I have. Good times!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Lookin' GOOD!