Monday, September 03, 2007

The Past Few Days--Baby Shower and Parents' Visit

Thursday, my 2nd period 10th grade honors class threw me a surprise baby shower. Now, before you are completely overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness, I must say that I think part of this was motivated by a strong desire to have a party. Regardless of the motivation, though, they did give me two gifts--one was an arrangement of towels, bibs, booties, blankets, and diapers designed to look like a cake, and the other was a goody bad for me full of bath/spa products. (I took a picture of the "cake" arrangement, but I realized after I loaded the pic that I had also captured the card with my full name on it...so I don't really want to post it here. I'll take another pic soon and post it, though, because it is really cute.) And there was cake. The students were all very sweet.

You may notice from the pic how enthusiastic the boys are about their first baby shower. Also, I constantly tell this class that they remind me of a 6th grade dance because the boys sit on one side and the girls on the other. Now, if I could only get this class to put as much preparation into their reading and essay writing as they do into their party planning...

In other news, my parents have been here since Thursday. Darryl had to work out of town this weekend, so they came up for a visit. I have enjoyed having them here. We've been eating well (Friday, my mom made roast, mashed potatoes, okra, peas, cornbread, banana pudding...yum!), and we did some shopping. My dad also put together a closet organizer for the baby's room. My mother already has purchased a bag of clothes for the baby, and she couldn't resist buying the baby her first pair of jeans the other day while we were at Kohl's.

Oh, one last thing...you must go to Jen C's blog and read the diary entries she's posted from when she was 15 years old in 1987. Hilarious!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for the shout out. Your class was sweet to throw you a shower, aww...

You look great, by the way!

Amy said...

Thanks, Jen. I'm starting to feel really...heavy.