Thursday, December 28, 2006

Official Post-Christmas Post

Darryl told me today that he "couldn't believe" I hadn't done a Christmas post, so here it is.

Christmas was good. Darryl and I went to Florida to spend time with both our families. We're both from the same town, so the good thing is that we get to see everyone when we visit; we don't have to decide when to spend which holiday with whom. However, the downside is that we feel that we have to split our time, doing a few things here and there with this family and a few things with that one. Oh, well...no perfect scenario there, I guess.

It was good seeing everyone. Here are a few highlights from the trip:


Darryl desperately wanted to open his new camera on Christmas Eve so he could take pictures the next day. That was a good idea in theory...if only his wife hadn't forgotten to pack the special memory card with it. Oh, well. (By the way, the surprised look on his face is completely fake, as he already knew what he was getting.)

Here are our nephew and nieces (L to R): Madison, Savannah, and Cameron.


Christmas afternoon, Darryl and I drove to Tallahassee to visit with Darryl's Uncle Sandy and Aunt Carol Sue. We took them a fried turkey. (Side note: Darryl ended up frying 4 turkeys over the weekend.) While I don't have a picture of Sandy and Carol Sue for some reason, I do have the only picture of Darryl and me on Christmas, taken in front of their tree.


Another big highlight of the trip was seeing Darryl's Uncle George and Aunt Miriam and their two daughters, Malorie and Camille. The last time I saw them, they stopped at our house to spend the night on their move to the DC area, and Malorie was about to start her freshman year of college. Now, Malorie is a senior who will graduate in May, and Camille is an exceptionally talented ballerina-in-training who has apparently grown a foot since I saw her last. Wow.


Santa was pretty good to us this year. I have lots of new kitchen gadgets (I love kitchen gadgets), and Darryl has been taking pictures with his new camera...now that he has his memory card. I understand now why celebrities get angry at the paparazzi--I think Darryl took 15 pictures of me eating a grapefruit last night. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the grapefruit pics posted. Glad you had a great Christmas!
Hugs!