Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas with Casi

Casi and I have been friends since my senior year of high school. One of my favorite holiday traditions is our annual "girls' weekend," when we Christmas shop, bake sugar cookies, watch movies, eat good food, and just enjoy spending time together. We also buy an ornament each year to commemorate the weekend, and now I have a collection of nine "girls' weekend ornaments" on my tree.

This weekend is a permanent fixture in the calendar; we've managed to do this even when separated by many miles, and we even were able to fit it in the Christmas Darryl and I moved to Atlanta...although that weekend included more box unpacking and less movie watching. Anyway, we had a great time this weekend, as usual.

Darryl was away for the weekend, fly fishing in Louisiana, so I had to use the timer on my camera. The picture above was no small feat, but we managed to get it in three tries. Here's the first try. Abby wanted it to be noted that she was part of the girls' weekend as well.

No comments: