Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Beginning of Vacation

I'm enjoying the beginning of my much-needed Christmas vacation. This semester was a bit challenging--I've felt a bit "off my game" for much of it--and now I'm just tired and enjoying the break.

Yesterday I went to see the movie The Holiday because A) I was in the mood for a romantic comedy, and B) I thought it might boost my Christmas spirit, which seems to be wilting in the 75 degree weather. (People who know me well know that I detest hot weather at Christmas time.) I didn't really care for the movie for a multitude of little reasons--too long, Jack Black's unnecessary character, and so on. However, I am very excited about one of the movies featured in the previews called Because I Said So, featuring three actresses I love: Diane Keaton, Lauren Graham, and Mandy Moore. I cannot wait. One of the other previews was for We Are Marshall, a film I have been anticipating ever since its highly publicized filming in Atlanta. I'm hoping to see that one next week, and I plan to see Dreamgirls next week as well.

I've also caught up some on my TV watching. My fake TiVo was loaded with episodes of The Office, Everwood, and Gilmore Girls, and I've watched all of those. Plus I've baked some Christmas goodies and wrapped all my presents, so I've been somewhat productive...if that kind of stuff counts.

And, in all my laziness, I forgot my dental appointment today. I have NEVER forgotten a doctor's appointment. Fortunately, I was able to reschedule for tomorrow, but I feel completely stupid about that one. Someone out there please tell me that I'm not the only person to do that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My life is now filled with forgotten appts. And I try to keep a meticulous calendar. Of course, it would help if I looked at it...or if I looked at it and actually remembered what day it was.

Amy said...

I'm so embarrassed--anyone who read this blog post before just now might have noticed I used the incorrect form of "it's." I'm an English teacher, for Pete's sake! My only excuse is that I'm so accustomed to reading the incorrect form in my students' papers that sometimes the bad info seeps into my brain cells. Eeek.

Apparently my grammar skills are on vacation, too.

Anonymous said...

You know there is an edit feature, right?

(I didn't even notice the error.)

Can't wait for Dreamgirls!

Amy said...

I already edited it; my comment was really for people who had already read the post (like Kim).

My original error was about WE ARE MARSHALL and "it's filming" in Atlanta. Yikes.

On another note--I had to buy the DREAMGIRLS soundtrack the other day because I was driving myself crazy singing "For one night only, for one night only..." and then I couldn't remember the next line. And let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've heard me sing that song. I swear that if you were blindfolded, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between my voice and Jennifer Hudson's. In my dream world.