Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas and Cookies

Darryl and I are leaving this afternoon for Florida so that we can spend Christmas with our families. While I'm not looking forward to packing for the trip (packing clothes for crazy Southern weather, making sure all the presents are packed, taking along things that might be needed like Christmas movies and CDs, packing a turkey fryer, etc.), I'm looking forward lots of fun, good food, and good times with everyone.

Speaking of good food and good times...my favorite thing to do this time of year is bake goodies while watching Christmas movies. If any of you like to bake sugar cookies, let me suggest this recipe by Alton Brown. I've tried several sugar cookie recipes before, and I've settled on this one for the past few years. The dough is super easy to work with if you want to cut shapes with it, but it isn't a super sweet cookie; I suggest topping the cookies with icing or decorative sugar. This week I've also made Pecan Pie Bars, Magic Cookie Bars (a classic, but I love them--very similar to your Hello Dollies, Tim), chocolate fudge, and peanut butter fudge. The diet starts after the holidays.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much I'll get to post while I'm gone, so just in case I don't get to post again before Christmas, I hope everyone has a wonderful one filled with laughter and the people you love. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How tall is your tree?

Is it live or Memorex?

Is there an LSU ornament to counter the FSU one?

Have a safe trip!

Amy said...

1) 9 ft. (I think)
2) Memorex. We have to do tall and skinny because we don't have much room for a tree.
3) I have two LSU ornaments!! I think Darryl hung the FSU one in its prominent place, though.

You have safe travels, too!