Thursday, August 16, 2012

All the stuff I didn't blog...

With all the getting settled, going to Florida (three times in five weeks!), and chasing a very active 4-year-old around, I haven't gotten around to blogging about some things.  So here we go...

At the end of June, Amelia and I went to Florida to visit my parents (this was just a week before my mom got sick with meningitis).  One afternoon my mom and I took Amelia to see Brave, and we all enjoyed it.


My dad had set up a tire swing for Amelia, and she loved it.  And my parents also gave her a bug-catching kit that she also enjoyed.  You can see both in this photo.


While we were in Florida, my parents kept Amelia so I could help out with The Walk, North Point Ministries' high school event at the beach. (The lady who took my place when I moved could stay with the girls only the first two nights because of a schedule conflict, so I tag-teamed and stayed the last two nights.) Here I am with some of the girls on the elevator at our resort.


These girls have matured (in a good way) so much in just a year. I'm a bit sad I'm not their group leader anymore. :-(

And here I am with my co-leader, Jen.  She is just nineteen, but she has a lot of wisdom and life experience for a teenager. We really clicked as co-leaders.  I've really enjoyed getting to know her and have enjoyed leading the girls with her this past year.


Back in Baton Rouge...on July 4th, we went with our friends Rebecca and Damian to see the fireworks on the Mississippi.  Amelia was excited!



A couple of weeks ago, Amelia and I met our friends Kaye and Connor for a fun morning at the science museum/planetarium.  I wasn't sure how Amelia would like it, but she had a great time!


One day I got brave (or stupid) and took Amelia to Chuck E. Cheese.  (Actually, it wasn't too bad. We went on a weekday afternoon.)







Anytime I take Amelia to campus with me, we have to see Mike the Tiger. (Obviously, this isn't the REAL tiger.)







Here's the real tiger.  He is napping in the shade every time we see him.  I think Mike the Tiger is resting up because he knows the football season could be a long one, given recent events.


(While Mike has a super-nice habitat, I'm sad that he doesn't share it with a tiger friend.)





Here's my friend Martha. She met us for donuts and coffee one morning. Amelia took this pic, but I like it because it is "true Martha."





This past weekend, the three of us went to Amelia's school for a little popsicle party/teacher meet-and-greet.  I can't believe this girl is ready for Pre-K.



And I think that brings us up to speed!



No comments: